Meditation Reduces Crime

My uncle-in-law alerted me to this odd thingie (it's not really a movie), entitled What the Bleep Do We Know? It offers a very provocative (though at times cheesy) interpretation of quantum physics--basically that observers create their own reality, in every sense of the word.

Anyway, the most amazing fact that one of the people mentioned is that in 1993, several thousand people went to Washington to try to reduce violent crime over 20% by meditating. And guess what? It apparently worked.

Hocus pocus? I don't think so. When I lived in Brooklyn and took the bus to the subway station, there was this one bus driver who was an absolute delight. He would just crack jokes the whole way to the station, and by the end of the ride the whole bus was in a great mood. I bet it was infectious, where some people then did something on the subway that brightened others' mornings, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness