NPR Interviewee Discusses Diminishing Marginal Utility

On NPR there was a "sweet" story of a guy interviewing his mom, who had been a flight attendant for Delta in the 1950s. (Picture her talking in a really thick Southern accent.) He asked her how she got the job, etc., and then the interview ended like this:

Mom: Now, every time I see a plane, I still wish I were on it, going somewhere exciting.

Son: So what made you give it up?

Mom: Oh, getting married and having a family. And that's not something I had planned on, I'll tell you. But you know I wouldn't have given up the four of you kids for a million dollars. I wouldn't have given a nickel for another one of ya, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness