"Professional Courtesy"

From Roderick Long, I found this story about how special California plates allow government officials and their families to routinely break the law. Being from a law-enforcement family, this is no news to me. But what I "love" is the way this is justified in the article:

'"It's an unwritten rule that we would extend professional courtesy," said Ron Smith, a retired Los Angeles Police Department officer who worked patrol for 23 years. "Nine out of 10 times I would."'

Smitty, "professional courtesy" is, for example, when a dentist gives another dentist a 10% break. And he can do that, because, you see, it's his money! But the laws you're allowing other cops to break aren't supposed to be yours to "courteously" suspend as you wish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness